First Baptist offers the following activities for adults to join.
Sunday School Classes meet each Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. for Bible Study.
- Nurturing Faith Class (adult co-ed – Christian Life Center Conference Room)
- Men’s Class (first floor of Education Building)
- Rebekah Ladies’ Class (first floor of Education Building
- Martha Ladies’ Class (first floor of Education Building
- True Friendship Ladies’ Class (Sanctuary Building)
- Loyal Soldiers Men’s Class (Fellowship Hall of Education Building)
Most of our adult classes use Smyth-Helwys Sunday School literature.
During the months of Labor Day-Easter the congregation is invited to sign-up for a home cooked meal on Wednesday evenings at 5:15. An Adult Prayer & Bible Study takes place at 6:00 p.m.
There are short-term Bible Studies and small groups throughout the year led by the Pastor and guest speakers. Contact the church office for more details about our ongoing studies.
“THE GATHERING…” is an innovative new Sunday evening (6:00 pm) experience meant to deepen your sense of community and connection with God & others. It happens in the casual yet sacred atmosphere of the FBC Christian Life Center. Next session will be Febuary-March 2020. Come and find your place at “The Gathering!”
Senior Adults are invited to be part of our JOY (Just Older Youth) Group. This group meets in our Christian Life Center on the 3rd Wednesday of April, June, August, October, and December. It is a time of fellowship, a meal, mission projects, and live entertainment.
Our senior adults also take day trips around the area and an annual beach trip.