First Baptist offers the following activities for adults to join.
Sunday School Classes meet each Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. for Bible Study.
- New Directions Class (young adult co-ed – second floor of Education Building)
- Nurturing Faith Class (medium adult co-ed – Christian Life Center Conference Room)
- Co-Ed Class (second floor of Education Building)
- Men’s Class (second floor of Education Building)
- Rebekah Ladies’ Class (first floor of Education Building
- Martha Ladies’ Class (first floor of Education Building
- True Friendship Ladies’ Class (Sanctuary Building)
- Loyal Soldiers Men’s Class (Fellowship Hall of Education Building)
Most of our adult classes use Smyth-Helwys Sunday School literature.
During the months of September-May the congregation is invited to sign-up for a home cooked meal on Wednesday evenings at 5:15 before the Wednesday evening family activities at 6:00. The meal is followed by adult Bible Study and children’s activities.
Our adult Bible Study is currently the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course study. The study provides a strategy for discipleship that leads to total transformation of your emotional health and spirituality. A transformation that will help you mature into a faith filled with authenticity and a profound love of God – even and especially when faced with interpersonal conflicts and crises.
There are short-term Bible Studies and small groups throughout the year led by the Pastor and guest speakers. Contact the church office for more details about our ongoing studies.
Senior Adults are invited to be part of our JOY (Just Older Youth) Group. This group meets in our Christian Life Center on the 3rd Wednesday of April, June, August, October, and December. It is a time of fellowship, a meal, mission projects, and live entertainment.
Our senior adults also take day trips around the area and an annual beach trip.